This recipe is perfect for those days when you’ve been out all day and really want to make something that tastes like it took a lot of effort and time, but doesn’t. It’s delicious, filling, and it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish. Add a little island flavor to your mid week meals with this simple recipe!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Peel, de-vain, and rinse shrimp.
- Season shrimp with jerk seasoning, complete seasoning, black pepper, and salt if needed. Set aside and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in penne pasta. Cook according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While your pasta cooks, chop up your bellpeppers and onion and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of your oil of choice on medium/high heat. Brown your shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat your remaining oil. Add your bellpeppers and onion. Once softened, add in your minced garlic until it becomes fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add your shrimp back into the pan along with your heavy cream and chicken stock. Allow to simmer until the liquid begins to thicken, then add in your parmesan cheese and pasta. If pasta seems too dry, add in more heavy cream and/or chicken stock to your liking.
- Turn off heat and garnish your pasta with parsley or green onions.
To make this recipe low carb, simply swap your pasta out with a low carb pasta. Your carb macro will reduce significantly to about 9g per serving!