This particular recipe is for those nights when you’re in the mood for something different, and you have a little time on your hands. Paella is a rice dish that originated on the east coast of Spain near the city of Valencia. Here we’ve taken this traditional Spaniard dish and have developed a ketogenic version. With this recipe, you’re able to enjoy everything you love about paella, but without the carbs. So when you have a little extra time, pour yourself a nice glass of wine (low carb of course) and whip this delicious meal right up!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Heat chicken stock in saucepan over medium heat. Keep warm as you prepare the meats.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add in your chicken and sausage. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add in the rest of the oil with the onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric, and lemon juice.
- Saute until the onions have softened.
- Add in half of the chicken broth and the cauliflower rice.
- Mix and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower simmers, bring you remaining broth to a boil.
- Add in cleaned mussels. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes until the shells have opened.
- Discard and mussels that do not open.
- Remove the mussels and add in the shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink, then remove from broth.
- When the cauliflower becomes tender, mix in shrimp and nestle in mussels.
- Cook for 10 more minutes. I like when there a light char at the bottom.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.