If you’ve ever had West African food, then you know how AMAZING it is! Being married to a Nigerian who is not on a ketogenic diet like myself, leaves me stuck in a house with the delicious aromas of some of my favorite things to eat. Jollof rice being one of them. Jollof rice also known as party rice is one of the most popular Nigerian and Ghanaian dishes they serve. Think Spanish rice with 5x the flavor! It is really THAT good! This is a side dish that I think anyone would enjoy!
*Note: the recipe is SPICY, so adjust to your palate.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Combine your tomatoes, onion, and scotch bonnet pepper in your blender. Blend into a puree.
- Pour half of the contents of your blender into a bowl.
- Add your red bell peppers to the blender and puree.
- Pour your remaining blender contents into the bowl with the other half and mix together.
- Place a large pot on the stove on medium high heat.
- Add in your coconut oil.
- Once your oil has heated, add in your tomato and pepper puree.
- Now add in all of your spices, including the bay leaves.
- All your tomato puree and spices to cook until it becomes a gravy like texture.
- Add in your cauliflower rice and mix into the sauce well.
- Once the pot comes to a boil, reduce the heat down to low and allow to cook with the top off.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until all of the liquid cooks out.